Built in 1903, this building was originally used as a warehouse for cranberry storage and sorting. It was used during World War II for storage of stainless steel screws manufactured by the Grimshaw Corporation. In 1969 it was taken over by the Freetown Historical Society as the museum.
Display areas include rooms from several historic homes on South Main Street that were removed and reconstructed within the museum. Within in the Main Museum is an extensive genealogical library that is available to the public. Additionally, the museum holds thousands of pictures and artifacts from throughout the area.